How to set-up Zimbra Mobile on an Android Device
This tutorial shows you how to set up Android devices to sync
with Zimbra Collaboration Server using the Active Sync protocol.
Before getting started
- Check that your email administrator has enabled this feature otherwise you won’t be able to complete the set-up.
- Make a note of your:
- username (your email address)
- and Server name
as you will need them when following this guide. The above details were provided to you when you signed up for the service – please contact your administrator if you do not have them.
Set-up your Android device to work with Zimbra:
NB: Zimbra Mobile supports Android operating systems of release 2.1 and later.
These instructions assume Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) and greater
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the ‘cog‘ icon
- If you are running Android 7.1 you’ll need to tap “Cloud and Accounts” and then tap ‘Accounts’. Otherwise simply scroll down the settings menu and tap ‘Accounts‘
- Tap ‘Add Account’
- Tap Microsoft Exchange Active Sync
- Enter your email address and Password
- If it fails to auto detect settings you’ll be asked to provide more details.
Enter your full email address. In the ‘Domain\username‘ field enter your email address in the format ‘yourdomain\bob‘ – e.g firstname.lastname@example.org would enter ‘example.co.uk\anne.smith’.
- In the Exchange server field enter the Incoming Server name provided to you in your welcome email.
- Select ‘Use secure connection (SSL)‘ enabled.
- Press “Sign In” or “Next” and your settings will be verified.
- If all settings are OK your account will appear in your phones “Accounts” list.
Please see this Zimbra wiki article for full details:
and also Zimbra Mobile Plus - Android Devices